Pokemon Strategy Warehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Strategy Warehouse

Welcome to the home of some of the most unorthodox yet powerful Pokemon strategies around!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back in the (meta)game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erthefrarg
ADV: Recruit - Stage 2
Erthefrarg

Male Scorpio Pig
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Activity Points : 4356
Favorite Activities : JIZZ
Favorite Pokemon : Greymon

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Back in the (meta)game Empty
PostSubject: Back in the (meta)game   Back in the (meta)game I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:20 am

just suddenly got the urge to get back into the metagame,

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break
- Night Slash

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Tyranitar (F) @ (No Item)
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Flamethrower

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SAtk / 120 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sunny Day
- SolarBeam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

i literally haven't even tested this team yet. just threw together some strats i saw on smogon and went with it. let us know what i should do to make it viable. oh, and tyranitar's moveset definitely needs attention, i was going for a mix between physical and special, but dunno what moves would be good in the current metagame. oh, and his nature. i was thinking +SpDef, -Def but i dunno. let us know!
Back to top Go down
Jolly_Himawari
ADV: Corporal - Stage 2
ADV: Corporal - Stage 2

Male Scorpio Rooster
Birthday : 1993-11-22
Activity Points : 4438
Favorite Activities : Gaming, Anime, Manga, Creative Writing
Favorite Pokemon : Shuckle

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Back in the (meta)game   Back in the (meta)game I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:33 pm

A few suggestions:

Scarf Haxorus doesn't really need Jolly nature, Adamant would be better in my opinion.

The Pain Split Substitute set on Gengar might work better if you used Timid, because after Splitting yourself down to half HP or so, you'd be in trouble if a powerful move got through. Best to make it as fast as possible. I like the set idea, though.

Tyranitar should have an item. Leftovers would work well, as Ttar is pretty bulky, and because it's not entirely focused on attacking. Also, balanced natures are generally not that great. I'm not telling you to stick to specal or physical; Flamethrower is good for Ferrothorn/Scizor/Forretress, and the STAB moves give you power. I'd suggest Naughty or Rash, depending on which attacking stat you want to give the edge to. Those natures lower SpDef, but Ttar gets the 1.5x sandstorm SpDef boost, which more than compensates.

I think Sunny Day on Ninetales is unnecessary. Sure, if the opponent changes the weather, you'd have to switch out and in again to bring the sun back, but I think the move slot would be better used for something else, like Hypnosis, Will-o-Wisp, Toxic, or Nasty Plot. If you really want a sun backup, I'd put it on a different Pokémon, because as it is now, if Ninetales faints, you lose both your primary and your secondary means of setting up the sun, while if you had it on Celebi or something, you could set up the sun again. Protect is another move that I would question, because you don't really have anything you need to stall for. If you give it Will-o-Wisp or Toxic, then Protect has a niche, but as it is now, there's not much you can do with it.

Overall, it's great for a first draft. I really like the Gengar build especially, I hope that works well for you. I also like the idea of using Celebi offensively; I usually see the defensive build with Leech Seed and Recover and whatnot. The team is pretty offensively oriented; if you wanted to, a wall or a tank would fit in well, but, of course, it's up to you. Great job, I hope you can make your peace with this team.
Back to top Go down
Erthefrarg
Erthefrarg

Male Scorpio Pig
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Activity Points : 4356
Favorite Activities : JIZZ
Favorite Pokemon : Greymon

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Back in the (meta)game   Back in the (meta)game I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:42 am

cheers bro, i'll be making those changes. i'm going with will o wisp on tales, and i might test keeping Sunny Day to see how useful it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in the (meta)game   Back in the (meta)game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in the (meta)game
Page 1 of 1