Pokemon Strategy Warehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Strategy Warehouse

Welcome to the home of some of the most unorthodox yet powerful Pokemon strategies around!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First team after getting back in the OU

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperFly
Administrator
Administrator
SuperFly

Male Scorpio Goat
Birthday : 1991-10-25
Activity Points : 4459

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

First team after getting back in the OU Empty
PostSubject: First team after getting back in the OU   First team after getting back in the OU I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:15 am

First team after getting back in the OU Spr_5b2_642T
Thundurus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse

Honestly, ive NEVER tried this form, shit i dont even know the stats, alls i know is it has absurdly strong SpAtk and ill take advantage of that. STAB Volt Switch is huge for me, youll see it again on this team.

First team after getting back in the OU Spr_5b_392
Infernape (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Earthquake

This is my infernape modeled after Val's Flygon. I like mach punch over close combat because the bonus power from Iron Fist + STAB + Priority IMO outweighs the stat loss from Close combat. Im sure people will disagree but fuck them.

First team after getting back in the OU Spr_5b_330
Flygon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Flygon copy pasta from my U-Switch team. Val has a great Flygon that bluffs a scarf with an expert belt but Infernape covers that bluff on this team, so i decided to go with raw speed.

First team after getting back in the OU Spr_5b_649
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 72 Atk / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Standard Supersect. Super fast, and very powerful when you can predict a switch.

First team after getting back in the OU Spr_5b_479W
Rotom (Rotom-W) @ (No Item)
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic

Another copy pasta from my U-Switch team. Well almost, i traded trick for toxic since there are no status inducing moves on the entire team.

First team after getting back in the OU Spr_5b_113
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Protect

Honestly this spot is still up for grabs, I put a defensive cleric due to the fragility of the rest of my team. I havent used this slot yet in a battle, i'm 5-0 writing this RMT, and chansey has yet to see a battle. im considering placing a tank here? idk, take a look and tell me what i should put in this slot.

Back to top Go down
Swag
ADV: Corporal - Stage 2
ADV: Corporal - Stage 2
Swag

Male Aries Dog
Birthday : 1994-04-19
Activity Points : 4437
Favorite Activities : PO, Hanging with friends, SLEEPING!!!
Favorite Pokemon : Scrafty and Mamoswine

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: First team after getting back in the OU   First team after getting back in the OU I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:05 am

The Thundurus's moves provide extensive coverage, I guess, but I still wonder what exactly you plan to be revenge killing with it.
I assume you meant to put Jolly nature on Infernape. I also have to ask what Poison or Electric pokes you plan to put Infernape up against because otherwise, EQ doesn't seem needed due to the fact Infernape gets STAB Fighting and Fire moves, which I'm pretty sure hit for SE on every steel and rock type in the game, but don't quote me on that.
Flygon in OU is always interesting to see.
I don't think you want Lonely nature on Genesect. I'd assume you'd want something that increases speed and decreases one of its defenses.
Your Rotom-w has Hardy nature and no item, fyi.
It's good to see that you have a Chansey amongst all these offensive mons since you have nothing to switch into Draco Meteors (Genesect takes at least 62%) or Hurricanes (both rotom-w and thundurus are 2hko'd by it after rocks). Also without Chansey, Gastrodon and even Venusaur and/or Volcarona on sun teams have absolute field days with your team.
As none of your scarfers are +speed nature, DD Salamence 6-0's you.
You're also susceptible to Sand Rush Choice Band Stoutland sweeps (standard Genesect is 2hko'd after SR, let alone your -def genesect.)
Okay, I love you, bye bye!
Back to top Go down
xIce-
Standard Recruit
Standard Recruit
xIce-

Male Aquarius Cat
Birthday : 1988-02-01
Activity Points : 4293

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: First team after getting back in the OU   First team after getting back in the OU I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Thundurus (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Agility
- Thunder
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Use that thundurus. Oh wait, its not a rain team ._. hmmm, try it anyways. freaking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First team after getting back in the OU   First team after getting back in the OU I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First team after getting back in the OU
Page 1 of 1