Pokemon Strategy Warehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Strategy Warehouse

Welcome to the home of some of the most unorthodox yet powerful Pokemon strategies around!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves

Go down 
+2
elshaboury
PoisonX
6 posters

Should we ban the use of permanent weather inducers in the gym challenge / elite four challenges
Yes
Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_vote_lcap38%Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
No
Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_vote_lcap62%Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
PoisonX
Head Administrator / Founder
PoisonX

Male Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Activity Points : 5567
Favorite Activities : Singing, Screaming, Piano, Writing, Pokemon, Skyrim, Sleeping, Music, and Relaxing.
Favorite Pokemon : Mightyena

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves Empty
PostSubject: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:54 pm

NOTE: The results of this vote will not affect the standard metagame on the server, this is ONLY for gym leader / elite four challenges.
Basically, should perma weather inducers be allowed on either side of the spectrum (the leaders / elite AND competitors?)
Please give a reason as to why you are voting what you are voting.

I say that in these challenges Perma Weather Inducers should be banned (you and the leader / elite four member wouldn't be allowed to use the abilities Drizzle, Drought, Sand Steam or Snow Warning in such challenges)
Simply because it gives an unfair advantage to whoever is using it, especially against the gym leaders. (The fire gym leader can't use drought ninetales abuse team, and a water type challenger can't use a drizzletoad spam team)

Basically I feel this will bring a lot more strategy to the gym challenges if we eliminate the aspect of perma weather from the challenges.
What do you guys say?

Place your vote!

Last edited by PoisonX on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwarehouse.forumotion.com
elshaboury
ADV: Recruit - Stage 1
elshaboury

Male Posts : 27
Activity Points : 4316

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:07 am

I agree with banning weather inducers since monotype can be easily countered using weather inducers beacuse as I tried to use Ninetales drought it was banned from monotype
and as PoisonX said it will add alot of strategy into the metagame
Back to top Go down
SuperFly
Administrator
Administrator
SuperFly

Male Scorpio Goat
Birthday : 1991-10-25
Activity Points : 4459

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:18 am

oh wow, this sucks how divided this is.

Im just saying it needs to be difficult since its monotype
Back to top Go down
Valentine
Top Tier
Valentine

Male Capricorn Monkey
Birthday : 1993-01-01
Activity Points : 5675

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:27 am

keep weather plz
Back to top Go down
ShadowQ
ADV: Corporal - Stage 3
ShadowQ

Male Aquarius Buffalo
Birthday : 1998-01-25
Activity Points : 4562
Favorite Activities : Video Games, Practicing Drawing, Internet, Being socially awkward
Favorite Pokemon : Raichu

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:27 am

Shab just because you're team is Monotype doesn't mean the tier is Monotype other wise that would imply your opponent is monotyped as well. Your team is just the same type meaning the rules of WIFI OU apply except all your Pokemon need to be the same type. Btw I voted no because I find banning weather would be kind of like banning critical hits and attack misses.
Back to top Go down
PoisonX
PoisonX

Male Aries Rooster
Favorite Activities : Singing, Screaming, Piano, Writing, Pokemon, Skyrim, Sleeping, Music, and Relaxing.

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:29 am

ShadowQ wrote:
Shab just because you're team is Monotype doesn't mean the tier is Monotype other wise that would imply your opponent is monotyped as well. Your team is just the same type meaning the rules of WIFI OU apply except all your Pokemon need to be the same type. Btw I voted no because I find banning weather would be kind of like banning critical hits and attack misses.

This is exactly why it should be banned.
Weather can be attributed to critical hits and misses, no strategy involved except for a few situations.
Back to top Go down
ShadowQ
ShadowQ

Male Aquarius Buffalo
Birthday : 1998-01-25
Activity Points : 4562
Favorite Activities : Video Games, Practicing Drawing, Internet, Being socially awkward
Favorite Pokemon : Raichu

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:33 am

PoisonX wrote:
ShadowQ wrote:

Weather can be attributed to critical hits and misses, no strategy involved except for a few situations.

No I don't see it as unfair or else that Focus Blast would always hit, that Fire Blast would never miss so would that Will-O-Wisp. It is not unfair it is part of the game, if you can not accept it then don't play competitively.
Back to top Go down
PoisonX
PoisonX

Male Aries Rooster

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:45 am

ShadowQ wrote:
PoisonX wrote:
ShadowQ wrote:

No I don't see it as unfair or else that Focus Blast would always hit, that Fire Blast would never miss so would that Will-O-Wisp. It is not unfair it is part of the game, if you can not accept it then don't play competitively.

You missed the point
Crits and misses are an important part of the game
What I'm saying is, that most weather is like crits and misses, random and without skill.
Back to top Go down
elshaboury
elshaboury

Male Posts : 27
Activity Points : 4316

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:58 am

I've wanted to change my vote to not to ban them since I can use ninetales In which i can use weather So I wanted to change my vote But I dont know how so if any admin can help me it would be great
Back to top Go down
Swag
ADV: Corporal - Stage 2
ADV: Corporal - Stage 2
Swag

Male Aries Dog
Birthday : 1994-04-19
Activity Points : 4437
Favorite Activities : PO, Hanging with friends, SLEEPING!!!
Favorite Pokemon : Scrafty and Mamoswine

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:29 am

I'm not sure how to click the poll and vote this way: I think that permanent weather inducers should be banned in the gym challenges on both sides of the spectrum because restricting oneself to monotype severely reduces the number of pokemon and strategies you can use in the first place, and the challenger bringing weather to the battle will be extremely advantageous. I think the gym leader himself shouldn't be allowed to use weather either if it is banned for the challenger because if the challenger isn't allowed to subside the leader's weather with his own, then that is advantageous for the leader. Meaning: unrestricted team with weather > monotype weather team > unrestricted weatherless team > monotype weatherless team

I don't think weather should be banned among the E4 or its challengers because they are the ELITE Four, and they should be hard to take down. I also assumed that the Elite Four members were expected to use all 4 of the different weathers. If I'm wrong about that (which I apparently am), I'd be willing to change my view on this subject if I am told some parameters about the teams of the E4 members.
Back to top Go down
Valentine
Top Tier
Valentine

Male Capricorn Monkey
Birthday : 1993-01-01
Activity Points : 5675

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Swag wrote:
I'm not sure how to click the poll and vote this way: I think that permanent weather inducers should be banned in the gym challenges on both sides of the spectrum because restricting oneself to monotype severely reduces the number of pokemon and strategies you can use in the first place, and the challenger bringing weather to the battle will be extremely advantageous. I think the gym leader himself shouldn't be allowed to use weather either if it is banned for the challenger because if the challenger isn't allowed to subside the leader's weather with his own, then that is advantageous for the leader. Meaning: unrestricted team with weather > monotype weather team > unrestricted weatherless team > monotype weatherless team

I don't think weather should be banned among the E4 or its challengers because they are the ELITE Four, and they should be hard to take down. I also assumed that the Elite Four members were expected to use all 4 of the different weathers. If I'm wrong about that (which I apparently am), I'd be willing to change my view on this subject if I am told some parameters about the teams of the E4 members.

Swag makes a very good argument as well as a very fair compromise. However, I believe a challenger should be forced to use the same team against all gym leaders, as well as e4 members. This ensures the skill level of the player. If players were able to change teams in between gyms, leaders have absolutely no chance at winning. For example, somebody would use 6 Ice types against the Dragon gym, or something. But, against the Fire gym, they could use 6 ground types. It's just a bad idea.

Because I believe that everyone should be forced to use the same team, I cannot agree to Swag's compromise. If you ban weather in one place, it must be banned in the other.

And i believe we should keep weather in this. This is more advantageous to the challengers, sure, but it's not going to help them one bit if they reach the e4 (because e4 themselves can use weather).
Back to top Go down
PoisonX
PoisonX

Male Aries Rooster

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Well
Since it's divided but a result is clear, Weather will be allowed for usage by both Gym leaders / Elite Four and Challengers.
~Locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves   Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vote ~ Should we ban permanent weather inducers for those competing against gym leaders / elite four members and the gym leader / elite four members themselves
Page 1 of 1