Pokemon Strategy Warehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Strategy Warehouse

Welcome to the home of some of the most unorthodox yet powerful Pokemon strategies around!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Halo ODST [Review]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PoisonX
Head Administrator / Founder
Head Administrator / Founder
PoisonX

Male Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Activity Points : 5568
Favorite Activities : Singing, Screaming, Piano, Writing, Pokemon, Skyrim, Sleeping, Music, and Relaxing.
Favorite Pokemon : Mightyena

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Halo ODST [Review] Empty
PostSubject: Halo ODST [Review]   Halo ODST [Review] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Halo ODST

Name:
PoisonX

Date:
This review was written on Thursday, December 30th, 2010
Reposted on July 24th, 2012

Basic Information:
Halo ODST: A bridge of the Xbox 360 series between the time frame of the other halo games, in which you control not a spartan, but an ODST soldier and search a fallen city and as you travel through the city, regain memories and battle in intense combat. [Rated M for Mature]

Boxart: Halo ODST [Review] 20090612133345Halo_3_ODST_Box_Art

Average Completion Time:
6-10 Hours

Introduction:
I wasn't even going to originally play this game, let alone buy it. I was convinced by a friend who told me it was a "stupendous game experience of kick-ass proportions". For the most part I must say, he was right... very right.

Storyline:
In my opinion this game had the strongest storyline of the entire Halo series, you are no longer a super spartan like in the other halo games, you are a human ODST soldier, you have been dropped in a desolate city in which you must find clues and fight through remaining forces while experiencing intense flashbacks of brutal combat (which you get to play in). It's a wonderful experience plot-wise.

The Verdict:
The Pros:
+Pretty good replay value.
+The addition of the new firefight mode not only adds to its replay value but along with this it boosts the fun factor and gives multi-player a new meaning in the Halo series.
+The soundtrack is simply beautiful, it gives me a feeling which music almost never gives me, feeling, i feel into the game when i hear this soundtrack, kudos to the amazing sound producers, you have successfully made my favorite video game soundtrack of all time.
+The extra challenge posed by having to gather health packs and having to fight more strategically makes the game a pretty good challenge (not like the extremely easy waste that was Halo 3 IMO)
+The game's atmosphere is extremely engaging and draws you in, put on headphones, turn off your lights and you WILL feel like you are that ODST soldier fighting for your life. (I must recommend getting one of those amazing gaming chairs as well, the ones that vibrate and move with the game).
+The addition of an enemy tracking by pressing a button in dark areas was a very good addition, combined with the flashlight it eliminates a lot of the stress that was caused in the earlier halo games.
+Very nice plot with intense combat via flashback scenes. (With the exception of the ending)

Cons:
-Unfortunately the games campaign was short, short enough to be noted, I really do wish it was a lot longer. (I beat it in 6 hours on Legendary).
-Occasional loading glitches (Might lag for a second)
-Lag issues with explosions
-Typical Halo ending (Escaping on a ship from a massive explosion with some kind of enemy information)

Overall Rating:
9.2/10 (92/100)
(Best atmosphere and soundtrack of any video game I have ever played, it evicted emotion and the true feeling of being lost in a desolate city wasteland. However lag issues, a campaign butchered in length and a typical ending style made this game not quite the perfect experience, but pretty damn close.)

Screenshots:
Halo ODST [Review] ODST_012
Halo ODST [Review] ODST_034
Halo ODST [Review] ODST_043
Halo ODST [Review] ODST_058
Halo ODST [Review] ODST_075
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwarehouse.forumotion.com
Rainbow Smash
The Brony Mod
The Brony Mod
Rainbow Smash

Male Virgo Rat
Birthday : 1996-08-28
Activity Points : 4346
Favorite Activities : Being the protagonist
Favorite Pokemon : Snivy

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Halo ODST [Review] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST [Review]   Halo ODST [Review] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:46 pm

My review on it? WAY to short, great story, but terrible level design and little replay value with no new multiplayer maps aside from a half hearted horde mode
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Smash
The Brony Mod
The Brony Mod
Rainbow Smash

Male Virgo Rat
Birthday : 1996-08-28
Activity Points : 4346
Favorite Activities : Being the protagonist
Favorite Pokemon : Snivy

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Halo ODST [Review] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST [Review]   Halo ODST [Review] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:02 am

Just realised you said the game had amazing immersion. Yes, it absolutly destroyed any other halo FPS in that respect, but so, soooo many games have better immersion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halo ODST [Review] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST [Review]   Halo ODST [Review] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo ODST [Review]
Page 1 of 1