Pokemon Strategy Warehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Strategy Warehouse

Welcome to the home of some of the most unorthodox yet powerful Pokemon strategies around!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sawk [NU]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Valentine
Top Tier
Valentine

Male Capricorn Monkey
Birthday : 1993-01-01
Activity Points : 5697

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Sawk [NU] Empty
PostSubject: Sawk [NU]   Sawk [NU] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:19 pm

Sawk
Sawk [NU] 539

Abilities:
Sturdy
Inner Focus
Mold Breaker

HP: 75
Atk: 125
Def: 75
SpA: 30
SpD: 75
Spe: 85

Placed Tier: NU
Holy jesus shit licking cow nipples. That's really all I have to say when it comes to how strong Sawk is in it's tier. With an inhumanly powerful 125 base attack, and a very usable base 85 speed, Sawk is the mon to beat. Being able to act as a powerful wallbreaker, and speedy revenge killer, Sawk has enough tricks up it's sleeve to leave your opponent's ass bleeding from the large amount of assrape. I have not made a single NU team without Sawk. If you haven't been using this godsent mon, you should seriously reconsider.

Sawk @Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy / Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Reversal / Toxic

Although Sawk has an extremely limited movepool, it's band set is, in my opinion, the biggest threat in the tier. With the powerful options of Close Combat and Stone Edge, there isn't much more you need in a pokemon. Only a few choice walls can live a hit from this mammoth. Toxic can be used to catch these walls on the switch in, but the combination of Sturdy and Reversal is legitimately too strong to pass up. With 1 HP left, Reversal reaches 200 base power, 300 after STAB is factored in. A resisted Reversal does x1.5 more damage than a neutral Stone Edge or Earthquake. That's fucking nuts people. Using Close Combat to get your defenses lowered is an easy way of abusing Sturdy to reach that precious 1 HP mark. But, since lower tiers are fucking plagued with hazards, Sturdy is indeed hard to keep around without busting your nuts to keep your spinner alive. Running Mold Breaker over Sturdy allows you to bypass Sturdy (along with Levitate+more) on things like Bastidon, that can get hazards up by abusing Sturdy. Spamming Fighting type attacks is what Sawk does best, and common Ghosts in the tier can put an end to your fun easily. Running Stuntank alongside Sawk works great, because you can PursuitTrap those pesky ghosts, and clear the path for Sawk to obliterate. When this powerful fucker touches the field after no ghosts, something always dies.

Sawk @Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Toxic

This is easily Sawk's most popular set. It functions as a very effective revenge killer, and is capable of plowing whole teams with the correct support. Mold Breaker should be used to bypass things like Sturdy and Levitate, which do exist in the tier. That's all I want to say, I never run this thing, lots of people do, it's ok.
Back to top Go down
SuperFly
Administrator
Administrator
SuperFly

Male Scorpio Goat
Birthday : 1991-10-25
Activity Points : 4481

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Sawk [NU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sawk [NU]   Sawk [NU] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:38 pm

im surprised he's not UU
Back to top Go down
Valentine
Top Tier
Valentine

Male Capricorn Monkey
Birthday : 1993-01-01
Activity Points : 5697

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Sawk [NU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sawk [NU]   Sawk [NU] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:41 pm

i dunno about UU, machamp is better, hitmontop can spin.. but definitely RU
Back to top Go down
PoisonX
Head Administrator / Founder
Head Administrator / Founder
PoisonX

Male Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Activity Points : 5589
Favorite Activities : Singing, Screaming, Piano, Writing, Pokemon, Skyrim, Sleeping, Music, and Relaxing.
Favorite Pokemon : Mightyena

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Sawk [NU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sawk [NU]   Sawk [NU] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:50 am

I've had success with Sawk in OU before, just not as much as with Machamp, although the extra speed is lovely.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwarehouse.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Sawk [NU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sawk [NU]   Sawk [NU] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sawk [NU]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Strategy Warehouse :: The Warehouse :: Strategies :: NU-
Jump to: