Pokemon Strategy Warehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Strategy Warehouse

Welcome to the home of some of the most unorthodox yet powerful Pokemon strategies around!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mono Dragon Team

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trono
ADV: Corporal - Stage 2
ADV: Corporal - Stage 2
Trono

Male Cancer Tiger
Birthday : 1998-07-17
Activity Points : 4458

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Mono Dragon Team Empty
PostSubject: Mono Dragon Team   Mono Dragon Team I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:01 pm

I was on PO all day, and i thought *Im going to make a Dragon team*. I did just that, and it proves to be successful 85% of the time in battles. If you love Monotypes, then this is for you:

Mono Dragon Team 630
Druddigon (M) @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet / Focus Sash / Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Glare
- Earthquake / Outrage

- OMG, This guy is annoying. You can use him in NU, UU, and OU Laddering. Its very useful to set a Hazard, then make the opponent's pokemon take damage when they touch it. DAMN. Ok. Use Glare to slow down that other pokemon. Then, Use Stealth Rocks for hazards. After that, you can either do 2 things. You can use Dragon Tail, which gets a STAB, and phaze, weakening all of your foe's pokemon that comes out. You can also use Outrage, which gets a STAB, but i don't recommend this move, as it wont stop after 2-3 turns and causes confusion. Now to items. The Yache Berry weakens a Choice Scarf Genesect, which allows you to use Glare. The Focus Sash makes you take the hit, which allows you to use Glare. Leftovers are for people who dont expect Genesect. The Rocky Helmet can be used for an opponent with a Physical-based team.

Mono Dragon Team Latios
Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

-Ah, the Blue Legendary from Gen 3. Very Fast. Lets see. The Choice Scarf is used to make this pokemon Outspeed 95 percent of all the other pokemon. I give it a Modest Nature to make it have High Special Attack stats. Lets See. Draco Meteor is devastating. It gets a STAB so its like 160 in damage. However, as recoil, the Special Attack stat is weakened by 2 stages. Dragon Pulse is Weaker but effective in the same way. Thunderbolt can be used for Water pokemon and Skarmory that are in the rain. Hidden Power [Fire] is mainly used to stop pokes like Scizor, Genesect, and Forretress (Steel and Bug types). Psyshock gets a STAB, and does good damage to those annoying Chansey and Blissey (Bitches?).

Mono Dragon Team Latias
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 128 SDef / 128 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Recover / Roost
- Substitute / Protect
- Dragon Pulse / Psyshock / Hidden Power [Fire]

-It's Latias, the female counterpart to Latios. She is strong alright. She has high Special Defense stats, which makes me wonder - Isn't she good for Stalling? I would use Toxic to make the opponents take damage each turn. You can either use Substitute to Protect her from Status Ailments, or use Protect and hope for a miss. Recover, or Roost, heals Latias so she can use an attacking move. Dragon Pulse and Psyshock gets a STAB, while Hidden Power [Fire] can stop those Steel/Bug types i mentioned earlier.

Mono Dragon Team Salamence
Salamence (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

-Uh Oh. Certified Sweeper. This Pokemon naturally sweeps like a broomstick. It has good Speed and Attack off the bat. It also has great Special Attack, but that is not the set i picked. Moxie makes the pokemon Attack stats increase for each pokemon taken down. Naturally, use Dragon Dance to boost the Attack and Speed stat. Its already good to start sweeping. Dragon Claw gets a STAB, which does a lot of damage. Fire Fang is good to use against those Bug/Steel types and Grass types. Earthquake is good for Heatran and other pesky Fire types. It also does great damage to Rock, Electric, and Steel types. With the Focus Sash, it can take a strong hit, like an Ice type move.

Mono Dragon Team 50315_98598670970_6711541_n
Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch / Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

-This is for Mig <3. Dragonite, Bulky as i dont know what. It has Multiscale, which lowers damage taken by half when at maximum HP. That means, it takes 2 Ice Beams (without any power boosts) to finish it. This ability allows it to use Dragon Dance, which powers up its Speed and Attack stat. You can use 2 good Dragon type moves. Outrage has devastating power, but can make Dragonite vulnerable to anything. it cause Confusion, which is why i use the Lum Berry. Dragon Claw does not cause confusion, but is much weaker. Fire Punch is good for Grass, Bug, and Steel Types. Earthquakes are good against Fire, Steel, and Electric types. ExtremeSpeed is a great move. It is a high priority move. It is faster than Quick Attack, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, and Sucker Punch. Sadly, it is still outspeed by Fake Out, but who cares.

Mono Dragon Team 612
Haxorus (M) @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Chop / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Night Slash / Brick Break

-Its Haxorus, another Certified Sweeper, It has great Attack and great Speed. Its bulky, and it can take a hit. Using Dragon Dance, it's Speed and Attack power is boosted. Dual Chop is a great move i personally recommend. It strikes twice, and each hit gets a STAB. It can break through Substitute, which is good. If you love power, then you can use Outrage. Earthquake for Steel, Fire, Rock, and Electric types. Rock Slide is a good move to counter Volcorona and Flying types. Night Slash is a move that could be used to damage Jellicent and other Ghost types that have high Defense. Brick Break can break Light Screen and Reflect, and do some good damage to Blissey and Chansey.

Well, Here it is. I am open to suggestions and comments. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Mono Dragon Team
Page 1 of 1