Pokemon Strategy Warehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Strategy Warehouse

Welcome to the home of some of the most unorthodox yet powerful Pokemon strategies around!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Global Warming

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr. Dynamite
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Dynamite

Male Sagittarius Monkey
Birthday : 1992-12-02
Activity Points : 5657
Favorite Pokemon : Sharpedo

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Global Warming Empty
PostSubject: Global Warming   Global Warming I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:17 am

♦~GLOBAL WARMING~♦

And thus I have appeared to present yet another team crafted by the intelligent and witty mind of the legendary Dr. Dynamite.After seeing a more common usage in Sunny Day teams on PO I decided it was time for me to use the 3rd most popular weather in OU. This team looks like a somewhat stereo typical Sunny Day team but has it surprisingly effective sets that manage to get around some of the most powerful and offensive sets in the game.So now without a further ado I present Global Warming,The Sunny Day team that is sure to give this a warm winter.

Global Warming 038
Amaterasu (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SDef / 136 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower
Well if your going to make a Sunny Day team these days you're usually going to use the infamous fox.I choose a special defensive set as it can take Politoed's Scalds and Hydro Pumps a lot easier in the Sun.Toxic is chosen over Will-o-Wisp as it cripples Toed better and also and shortens the time it can stay in.Also Recovery spammers like Jellicent don't like Toxic either.Protect is a obvious move that allows me to toxic stall and also scout for the certain sets a person may be carrying.Sunny Day helps greatly with defensive Politoed as I can now force it to switch out more often.When combined with Toxic and entry hazards I easily gain the upper hand in the weather war syndrome.Flamethrower is a obvious move that's just here for a plain and simple Sunny Day boosted STAB move.Even with all the other sets of Ninetales I can use I primarily stick with the defensive set as it helps and fits with the team more.

Global Warming 205
Heart Gold (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Forretress came on this team for two reasons.For starters I needed a Rapid Spin supporter so Ninetales wouldn't be getting abused by those Stealth Rocks.Nest,anything that could take a dragons legendary Outrage would be lovely. Forretress is amazing on this team fulfilling both of his roles nicely. Spikes is a common move on Forretress that limits the number of times other pokes can come in,mainly Tyranitar and Politoed. Rapid spin gets rid of Stealth Rocks,which most pokemon on this team do not like to much.Volt Switch makes a small VoltTurn core on my team allowing me to pick up momentum in my battles.Hidden Power Ice was chosen over Gyro Ball due to the factthat I noticed Gliscor loved setting up Substitutes in Forretress's face.Also dragons locked into Outrage are 2HKOed at most by Hidden Power Ice.The EVs make Forretress a powerful physical wall and tank who can dish out quick special attacks with ease.

Global Warming 051
Threesome (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
Well,like most of the Sunny Day weather teams the giant green dinosaur called Tyranitar was starting to annoy me.So I slapped this bad boy onto the team to heal that part of the weakness.I choose not to place Reversal on Dugtrio because it wasn't suiting my needs.So instead I replaced it with Sucker Punch which gains a surprisingly large amount of revenge kills. Stealth Rocks is needed for good entry hazard damage which can be useful later on.Earthquake is Dugtrio's only reliable STAB move which is good when used against Tyranitar and others.Rock Slide is good mainly because I just dislike Stone Edge(Stone Miss) and Rock Slides flinch can work wonders(easily changing a loss to a win).

Global Warming 494
Vendetta @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Trick
I needed a physical sweeper pokemon for this team who was great at revenge killing course the Fire/Psychic Pikachu thing came to mind so I choose it because I saw first hand how destructive it was on Sunny Day teams.A STAB V-Create in the Sun means whatever it hits is being sent to a early grave no matter what(resistance is futile).Zen Headbutt provides some excellence secondary STAB that can flinch if I'm lucky,U-turn adds great momentum and can harm other incoming Psychic types or just in case I need an immediate switch. Trick is the best thing for Blissey and other setup sweepers. All in all Victini has a permanet spot on this team,yet I may switch it for a special set so it can take down Politoed easier.

Global Warming 003
VenuSwag (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
A pokemon that hails from the days of Pokemon Red and Blue,VenuSwag makes its grand entrance of a late game sweeper..A standard Venusaur that sweeps all who dare oppose it trollish face.Growth is a little too OP in the Sun,so its no surprise how easily a Venusaur can sweep these days with the correct support. Giga Darin serves as a great STAB move that does great amounts of damage and recovers Venusaur's lost HP at the same time.When combined with the +2 from Growth most things that do not resist are OHKOed.Sludge Bomb is here for the Flying types who may think they are OP and want to test themselves against the fury of Venusaur. Hidden Power Fire is for Forretress,Ferrothorn and other Steel types who may wall this set completely. The EV Spread allows Venusaur to Maximize its attacking potential combined with enough speed to out speed Scarfed Latios in the Sun and enough to outspeed Breloom and defensive Toed in other weather conditions.The rest goes to HP for some considerable bulk.

Global Warming 242
Magenta (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower
One of the best pokemon when it comes to walling others,the pink blob from a land of pure happiness appears.A somewhat unusual set that serves its purpose of a mixed wall who can also be considered Genesect and Scizor bait. Softboiled increases Blissey's longevity on the battle feild so it can wall when it needs tomaking it one tough blob to defeat.Thunderwave gets rid of the Scarf Genesect as well as Scizor. Other pokemon like Terrakion and Latios don't expect this either. Heal Bell is great team support mostly if Ninetales got poisoned or something similar to that like a paralyzed Venusaur.Flamethrower is the finishing touch chosen over Seismic Toss because it gets rid of Scizor and Genesect as well as other Steel types with ease. The EVs allow Blisset to tank hits from all sides of the field without to much worry.

I've had some great success with this team with the only noticeable threats being Special Landorus and Mixed Mence. Other than that I'm pretty much happy with this team other than the small Victini issue.That's all until next time~♫
Back to top Go down

Global Warming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Strategy Warehouse :: The Warehouse :: Rate My Team / Team Building-
Jump to: