Pokemon Strategy Warehouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Strategy Warehouse

Welcome to the home of some of the most unorthodox yet powerful Pokemon strategies around!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dragonite [OU]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DragonKnight
New Recruit
New Recruit
DragonKnight

Male Libra Horse
Birthday : 1990-10-19
Activity Points : 4288
Favorite Activities : Chilling
Favorite Pokemon : Dragonite

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Dragonite [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Dragonite [OU]   Dragonite [OU] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Dragonite

Dragonite [OU] 149

Abilities:
Inner Focus - Prevents flinching.
Multiscale - Reduces damage by 1/2 if the Pokemon is at full health.

Stats
HP - 91
Atk - 134
Def - 95
SpA - 100
SpD - 100
Spe - 80

Total - 600

Placed Tier: (OU)
Tiers In Which Usability Is Covered In This Analysis: (OU)

Type: Dragon / Flying

Personally this guy is my alltime favorite Pokemon, and has been since the very first day that I started playing. I mean just one look at this guy and you get the vibe that he is a friendly yet fierce Pokemon! With his massive attack stat, solid defenses, and mediocre speed he can be easily considered one of the best all-around sweepers in the OU metagame. Despite being considered outclassed in the previous Generations by Salamence, with the addition of its new Dream World ability (Multiscale) it can take more abuse while still completely devastating teams. Overall, this Pokemon is very epic and would make a great addition to any team, given the proper team support.

OU Set #1: (DD Sweeper)

Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant ( + Atk, - SpAtk )

Moveset:
  • Dragon Dance
  • Outrage / Dragon Claw
  • Fire Punch
  • ExtremeSpeed / Earthquake

~ More sets soon to come ~

Set Explanation:

This is my bread and butter set, as it requires the least amount of effort to pull off and can completely sweep an opponent's team. Dragon Dance is the obvious choice if you're looking to wreak havoc on your opponent's team, if ya can just get off one ya will outspeed all max 125 base speed pokes and will have amazing attack. Outrage is the preferred STAB (same type attack bonus) move of choice, as it has enormous base power and is only resisted by a single type (steel). The only downside to this move is that it locks you in for 2-3 turns, which can prove fatal if your opponent brings in a physically defensive poke, especially a steel type. Having a Lum Berry saves ya from any initial status that ya suffer, but it is even better if ya can keep it intact to heal your confusion. Dragon Claw can also be used here if you dislike the idea of being locked into one move. Fire Punch is the secondary move, used for those pesky steel types, as it provides Dragonite with excellent coverage; hitting everything for neutral or effective damage. The final move slot is a matter of personal preference, if ya see a lot of Jirachi & Heatran & Tyranitar and wanna quickly OHKO them ya can go Earthquake. However, not only do bulky pokes counter Dragonite but frail Ice Sharders can quickly kill Dragonite as well once his scale is broken, hence an easy check for this is Extremespeed, as it has a priority of +2 which is quicker than those Ice Shards, Bullet Punch, etc.

Additional Information:

Dragonite is very effective in the current metagame by itself, but is even more effective with team support. I would advise the useage of hazards (especially if ya choose Outrage), as there are various bulky pokes such as Tyranitar, Heatran, Hippowdon, etc. that can take a hit or two from Dragonite even at +1 or +2. The more hazards the better, but usually only Stealth Rock & 1 layer of Spikes will work out allright. Also, I would advise the use of a spinner, since Dragonite needs for it's Multiscale to remain intact for as long as possible to preserve it's longevity. Many people have used a DragMag combo, which employ's the useage of Magnezone's Magnet Pull ability (prohibits steel types from switching out on it) and can kill most steels easily with a combination of Thunderbolt & Hidden Power Fire. Overall, this Pokemon is quite amazing and when used properly it can win you so many matches...take it from the Dragonite Master!
Back to top Go down
PoisonX
Head Administrator / Founder
Head Administrator / Founder
PoisonX

Male Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Activity Points : 5558
Favorite Activities : Singing, Screaming, Piano, Writing, Pokemon, Skyrim, Sleeping, Music, and Relaxing.
Favorite Pokemon : Mightyena

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Dragonite [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonite [OU]   Dragonite [OU] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:43 am

Great set mate, also the formatting is clean and neat

+Rep
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwarehouse.forumotion.com
Trono
ADV: Corporal - Stage 2
ADV: Corporal - Stage 2
Trono

Male Cancer Tiger
Birthday : 1998-07-17
Activity Points : 4449

Achievement Profile
Awards Won:

Dragonite [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonite [OU]   Dragonite [OU] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:08 pm

+Rep Broski.

You could also use this set as well :

OU Set #2: (Rain Phazer)

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk, 128 Def, 128 SdDef
Nature: Adamant ( + Atk, - SpAtk )

Moveset:
Thunder Wave
Dragon Tail
Roost
Substitute
Back to top Go down
bobhail9
New Recruit
New Recruit

Male Scorpio Tiger
Birthday : 1998-11-12
Activity Points : 4043

Dragonite [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonite [OU]   Dragonite [OU] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 am

I always used a shell pass outrage dragonite
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dragonite [OU] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonite [OU]   Dragonite [OU] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonite [OU]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Strategy Warehouse :: The Warehouse :: Strategies :: OU-
Jump to: